Tidbits about ‘The Office’ show, cast, and staff for the week ending August 3.
(A little late with this one because I was on vacation last week …)
- Blog update: Jenna — Back to Work!
- Article: The Office’s Brian Baumgartner on Playing “Special Kevin.”
- Article: ‘Office’s’ Darryl knows what’s funny.
- Article: Melora Hardin – From The Office To Les Misérables.
- Article: Dunder Mifflin Infinity Raises Funds for Lymphoma Research.
- Article: Rainn Wilson describes his last day of life to Maxim.
- Article: UGO.com interviews Oscar Nuñez.
- Article: Angela Kinsey and David Koechner (“Todd Packer”) will appear on the 100th episode of ‘Monk’ on September 5th.
- International news: The Office to be remade in Russia.
- Audio: Tavis Smiley talks to Leslie David Baker.
- Video: here’s a clip from Amp’d – The Music Show, hosted by Craig Robinson. (NSFW for profanity)
- Fan report: 185pounder meets Cool Guy Paul.
- Award win: Steve Carell has won Teen Choice Awards for Choice Summer Movie Comedy: Get Smart and Choice TV Actor Comedy: The Office.
- Award nomination: Oscar Nuñez has been nominated for an ALMA Award in the “Outstanding Male Performance in a Comedy Television Series” category.
Events this week
- Fri, Aug. 8 – Sun, Aug. 10: Melora Hardin in Les Misérables In Concert, Hollywood Bowl.
- Sat, Aug. 9: Ed Helms and Rob Riggle appear in The Daily Show/Colbert Report Improv Jam, UCB Theatre, New York.
For a complete list of events, subscribe to the OfficeTally Calendar.
Tipsters: Topher, the tempenator, Karis, Carolyn, Secondrink, Meggan
Fan report: 185pounder meets Cool Guy Paul
Hey Tallyheads! 185pounder here, I just got back from the NBC Experience Store where I met Paul Faust (they call him “Cool Guy Paul”). Thanks to the OTCR, I was able to set up a meet and greet with him while he was talking in the chat room!
Since I’m staying with my parents this summer in NYC, and my mom is also a huge fan of the show she came down to the store at Rockefeller Center with me. His plan was to stop in and say “hi” after a meeting that he had in the city. We got there around 12:15, and had to wait a few minutes before our scheduled meeting time, but then he finally came!
He was so nice, and really down to earth. We talked a lot about the show, and the whole process of how he got on it and also how hectic the day of his shoot was.
An interesting thing that I found out was that Bobby Ray Shafer (Bob Vance) actually had the line, “We could have done this over email,” but they liked it better when Paul did it! He spoke so nicely about the cast and crew, and a little bit about Paul Lieberstein’s wedding.
Then he told me about how he had brought up to the Office merchandise staff about creating disaster kits that related to Dunder Mifflin and Dwight, I thought that idea would be pretty hilarious and think they should definitely look into that — or at lease a five families shirt!
He also brought up the fans a lot and how important we all are to the show, because they would be no where without us. And since all of the main characters’ schedules are getting so busy as the show’s popularity gets bigger and bigger, he said that he is willing to meet whoever and will do anything to help the fans get a better connection with the show.
After talking for a while, Paul was nice enough to autograph something and take a few pictures with me. This was such a cool experience, and I want to thank him so much for taking the time out of his day to meet me, and also to Tanster who got him into the OTCR!