« Previous episodeNext episode »
Writer: Owen Ellickson, Director: Claire Scanlon
Summary (NBC): Andy deals with a cappella drama — it’s Halloween in the office and Andy invites his college a cappella group to perform, which leads to a confrontation with his frenemy Broccoli Rob. Meanwhile, Dwight finds evidence that a madman is loose in the office and tries to track him down, and the first meeting of Jim’s new job causes a fight with Pam. Guest star: Stephen Colbert.
The Office Here Comes Treble extras
- Promo photos | Halloween costumes
- The cast talks about the Halloween episode
- The Office executive producer Ben Silverman, appears in the lunch scene in which Jim invests $10,000 in the sports marketing venture.
- Andy’s a cappella group includes members of the real-life University of Virginia a capella group, Hullabahoos. The founder of the group, UVA alum Halsted Sullivan, is a producer and writer for The Office.
- Callback: Meredith’s line “Stop baggin’ my head!” is in reference to the Season 3 episode Business School, in which Dwight “bags Meredith’s head” in his attempt to capture a bat that has appeared in the office.
- Callback: in the Season 7 episode The Sting, Andy reads an article about Broccoli Rob in the newspaper: “Some Vermont-based alums can hear ‘Broccoli’ Rob Blatt, ’96, in the state milk lobby’s new milk awareness song, ‘Calci-YUM!’, featuring Phish’s Trey Anastasio. Says Broccoli, ‘Trey and I had a ton of fun in the studio, and I think you can hear it in the song.'” Anastasio’s name is brought up again in Here Comes Treble by Broccoli Rob himself, which angers Andy.
The Office Here Comes Treble rating
In a poll conducted October 25-29, 2012, Tallyheads rated this episode: 6.64/10
See all The Office Season 9 ratings.
The Office Here Comes Treble quotes
Manually transcribed by tanster :)
Dwight: I mean, the pumpkin should rot off of my head in a month or two. Right?
Dwight: What lab did these little clones escape from?
Meredith: How does it work in the rooms? You get a privacy partition?
Dwight: Hello, little pill. What do you do?
Dwight: Dumatril is licensed to treat anxiety symptoms, such as panic attacks, excessive worrying, and fear. Translation: there’s a madman in our midst.
Dwight: I’ll get my apprehension kit.
Andy: When I got the nickname “Boner Champ,” that is when I became me.
Here Comes Treble member: Did you say you’ve got AIDS?
Andy: Broccoli Rob was Broccoli Rob. Andy Bernard is the Boner Champ.
Creed: It’s Halloween. That is really, really good timing.
Andy: Took the face off. Just seemed easier that way.
Angela: The sweets and savories are all mixed together! This is mayhem!
Erin: Buts are for pooping.
Meredith: Cool. Free upper.
Meredith: Stop baggin’ my head!
Clark: Where’s the band? ‘Cause there’s no way you guys are making this magic with just your mouths.
Creed: That’s what she said.
Stanley: Show some pride. This is crap.
Here Comes Treble member: I thought you were Adam Lambert.
Erin: When you’re with someone, you put up with the stuff that makes you lose respect for them. And that is love.
Broccoli Rob: So just wham! I sprang into action.
Andy: You thought I wanted to sit in the audience like some slutty treb rat?
Broccoli Rob: My pipes are primo, champ!
Broccoli Rob: Why don’t you ask Trey Anastasio about my pipes?
Kevin: I decided acapelca music is awesome.
Kevin: It turn out Pam really, really hates Monster Mash.
Kevin: Pam was like, “No. Hate it. Stupid.”
Andy: If I’m not Boner Champ, I don’t know who I am.
Icon provided by pessimistreader.