Writer: Owen Ellickson, Director: Claire Scanlon
Summary (NBC): Andy deals with a cappella drama — it’s Halloween in the office and Andy invites his college a cappella group to perform, which leads to a confrontation with his frenemy Broccoli Rob. Meanwhile, Dwight finds evidence that a madman is loose in the office and tries to track him down, and the first meeting of Jim’s new job causes a fight with Pam. Guest star: Stephen Colbert.
Icon provided by pessimistreader.
The Office Here Comes Treble extras
- Promo photos | Halloween costumes
- The cast talks about the Halloween episode
- The Office executive producer Ben Silverman, appears in the lunch scene in which Jim invests $10,000 in the sports marketing venture.
- Andy’s a cappella group includes members of the real-life University of Virginia a capella group, Hullabahoos. The founder of the group, UVA alum Halsted Sullivan, is a producer and writer for The Office.
- Callback: Meredith’s line “Stop baggin’ my head!” is in reference to the Season 3 episode Business School, in which Dwight “bags Meredith’s head” in his attempt to capture a bat that has appeared in the office.
- Callback: in the Season 7 episode The Sting, Andy reads an article about Broccoli Rob in the newspaper: “Some Vermont-based alums can hear ‘Broccoli’ Rob Blatt, ’96, in the state milk lobby’s new milk awareness song, ‘Calci-YUM!’, featuring Phish’s Trey Anastasio. Says Broccoli, ‘Trey and I had a ton of fun in the studio, and I think you can hear it in the song.’” Anastasio’s name is brought up again in Here Comes Treble by Broccoli Rob himself, which angers Andy.
In a poll conducted October 25-29, 2012, Tallyheads rated this episode: 6.64/10
The Office Here Comes Treble quotes
Manually transcribed by tanster :)
Dwight: I mean, the pumpkin should rot off of my head in a month or two. Right?
Dwight: What lab did these little clones escape from?
Meredith: How does it work in the rooms? You get a privacy partition?
Dwight: Hello, little pill. What do you do?
Dwight: Dumatril is licensed to treat anxiety symptoms, such as panic attacks, excessive worrying, and fear. Translation: there’s a madman in our midst.
Dwight: I’ll get my apprehension kit.
Andy: When I got the nickname “Boner Champ,” that is when I became me.
Here Comes Treble member: Did you say you’ve got AIDS?
Andy: Broccoli Rob was Broccoli Rob. Andy Bernard is the Boner Champ.
Creed: It’s Halloween. That is really, really good timing.
Andy: Took the face off. Just seemed easier that way.
Angela: The sweets and savories are all mixed together! This is mayhem!
Erin: Buts are for pooping.
Meredith: Cool. Free upper.
Meredith: Stop baggin’ my head!
Clark: Where’s the band? ‘Cause there’s no way you guys are making this magic with just your mouths.
Creed: That’s what she said.
Stanley: Show some pride. This is crap.
Here Comes Treble member: I thought you were Adam Lambert.
Erin: When you’re with someone, you put up with the stuff that makes you lose respect for them. And that is love.
Broccoli Rob: So just wham! I sprang into action.
Andy: You thought I wanted to sit in the audience like some slutty treb rat?
Broccoli Rob: My pipes are primo, champ!
Broccoli Rob: Why don’t you ask Trey Anastasio about my pipes?
Kevin: I decided acapelca music is awesome.
Kevin: It turn out Pam really, really hates Monster Mash.
Kevin: Pam was like, “No. Hate it. Stupid.”
Andy: If I’m not Boner Champ, I don’t know who I am.