This posts lists items about the film ‘The Rocker’ starring Rainn Wilson.
It released on Wednesday, August 20, 2008.
The Rocker Movie | The Rocker at MySpace | The Rocker at FaceBook
The latest articles about Rainn Wilson in ‘The Rocker,’ plus a game.
Tipsters: Bryant, Colleen
Previously posted items after the jump.
A bunch of new interviews, plus Rainn’s iTunes playlist:
From press release: “Rainn Wilson is the star of The Rocker, and he’s also going to be the next Y-Rock celebrity DJ! Tonight at 8pm, Rainn will be rockin’ out the airwaves of Y-Rock On XPN and playing some of his favorite alternative and indie rock tunes. It’s the Rainn Wilson Radio Takeover — on Philadelphia’s 88.5 XPN and online at YRockOnXPN.org.”
I just received this email from Rainn Wilson:
A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM RAINN WILSON
DEAR FRIENDS AND FAMILY —
Wednesday, August 20th is a truly historic day. It is Estonian Independence day as well as the day when Sting wed his amazing wife, the multi-talented and ravishing Ms. Trudie Styler.
The best way I can think of to celebrate Estonian Independence and/or Sting’s anniversary would be to go out and see my new movie, THE ROCKER which opens on … you guessed it, August 20.
I won’t beg, but I will tell you in all confidence that if the film does not make at least $17.29 million in its first 5 days of release they will never ever ever let me star in a movie again. Ever.
Besides spreading the word to your friends and families and MySpace friends, here are some other helpful Rocker promotional ideas:
- Kidnap strangers and force them to buy tickets at gunpoint.
- Obtain a grant to round up your cities’ homeless population and bring them to an ‘educational film’ about a former heavy metal drummer pursuing his dream of rock and roll stardom.
- Take out a loan and simply purchase EVERY SINGLE AVAILABLE TICKET OF EVERY SHOWING in your area.
- Lure strangers into the theatre with the promise of illicit sex and/or drugs.
- Tattoo “THE ROCKER, IN THEATERS AUGUST 20” on your forehead.
- Sit cross-legged in front of your local mall, douse yourself in kerosene, and threaten to set yourself on fire unless every showing is sold-out and all popcorn is free.
If you pass this email along to 1800 of your closest friends and family and they pass it to 1800 of their closest friends and family and if everyone who reads this brings 74 people with them to the multi-plex in the first 3 days of release, I have calculated that 1.7 Billion people will see THE ROCKER, making it the 3rd most viewed film in human history.
Also, it’s funny.
Estonia, Sting and I thank you for your time.
Besides sending spam email, Rainn also hijacked Jenna Fischer’s MySpace page today. Is the man completely shameless?
- Dwight Schrute does the weather on CNN.
- Rainn’s busy press tour continues with these appearances:
MTV TRL – Airs live on July 21st
TODAY SHOW – Airs live on July 22nd
FOX BUSINESS CHANNEL: HAPPY HOUR – Airs live on July 22nd
SPIKE: WEEKEND PRE-GAME – Airs on July 24th
TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO – Airs on July 30th
CRAIG FERGUSON – Airs on August 1st
LIVE WITH REGIS AND KELLY – Airs on August 11th
Schedule may change without notice.
Tipsters: Arlie ♥ Jim, Andrea
- Wed, July 16: Screening of ‘The Rocker’ followed by Q&A session with Rainn Wilson, Atlanta. More info
- Thu, July 17: Screening of ‘The Rocker’ followed by Q&A session with Rainn Wilson, Miami. If you guys see more info on this, please post a comment!
- Fan report by Dundie All-Star in Birmingham!
- The release date has moved out from July 30 to August 20.
- Rainn Wilson will appear for a Q&A following the screening of ‘The Rocker’ tomorrow, July 15 in Philadelphia! He’ll be at the Ritz 5 Theater, 214 Walnut Street, 7:30pm.
Rainn Wilson will appear in person at a Dallas screening of ‘The Rocker’ on Wednesday, July 9th! For details on how to attend, check out Sonic’s MySpace page.