This post contains spoilers about The Office Season 5 DVD.
Here are my favorite parts of The Office Season 5 DVD.
I watched every deleted scene, listened to every commentary, and played the blooper reel at least 20 times. For science. :)
Thanks to NBC for providing me an advanced copy!
- Weight Loss: the explanation for Kate’s sunburn. A super disgusting vending machine. An appearance by Ryan’s mom. David reads Ryan the riot act, which results in a reaction from Ryan which you’ve never seen before.
- Business Ethics: meet some of Pam’s art school fans. Pam gets drunk again!
- Baby Shower: omigosh, a Dundie plushie toy! Why do they not sell these in the NBC Store?! Michael holding a sleeping Astrid is the cutest image ever (even if he’s not feeling it).
- Crime Aid: Kelly auctions off dance lessons!
- Employee Transfer: long extended sequence of Holly and Michael driving Darryl absolutely insane in the van.
- Customer Survey: some of my favorite deleted scenes of the entire package. Lots of good Dwight talking heads. More Pam/Jim Bluetooth conversations.
- Business Trip: Ryan’s snarky talking head about David Wallace.
- The Surplus: Jim pranks Dwight. Mose scenes!
- The Duel: Pam has a heart-to-heart with Angela that almost made me cry. Jim and Pam give Angela a ride home (and we get to see Angela’s house!).
- Stress Relief: the worst Obama celebration speech you’ve ever heard (and Darryl’s awesome rebuttal). The show’s first ever group “that’s what she said.” A defibrillator trick that has to be seen to be believed. (Seriously, it’s pretty amazing.)
- Two Weeks: for the official canon — Jim explains how Michael got his job at Dunder Mifflin!
- Dream Team: sweet little Pam/Jim exchange after the disastrous soccer game.
- Michael Scott Paper Company: Dwight and Andy’s epic weapon battle. Erin’s first talking head.
- Cafe Disco: Meredith comes on to two characters she’s never come on to before. Awkward.
- Company Picnic: and last but not least, check out 2:35. The shocked weird reaction isn’t acting. Because I didn’t see it coming and I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to react. :)