Friday, April 17, 2009
I’m sunburned, sleep-deprived, and I’ve been wearing the same clothes for the past four days.
Other than that, this was one of the best freaking weeks of my life.
I have many, many photos, plus precious video, to share with all of you. I fly home tomorrow, so I will be posting more stuff very soon!
The Office cast, writers, and crew are the kindest and funniest group of folks I have ever met.
Thanks to everybody for letting me be a part of the 100th episode frivolity!
‘Where’s tanster?’ checklist (updated)
Here’s a final list of scenes I’m in. PLEASE keep in mind two things: 1) I’m in the background, so I’ll probably be the size of a dot, if recognizable at all, and 2) This is The Office, which means lots of stuff is shot that is never aired. It is possible that you won’t see me at all.
- ‘Shoot the basket’ carnival game. I’m shooting baskets with my back to the camera.
- Walking onto the picnic grounds with my buddy Erin (she’s pushing her stroller).
- Sitting on the lawn watching the Buffalo volleyball game. I’m wearing a camera around my neck and am drinking a fruity drink with little umbrella. Erin is standing behind me with her husband Dan and their babies.
- Watching stage entertainment. I’m sitting in the front row with my Buffalo peeps.
- Standing in a group of Dunder Mifflinites in the background, with David Wallace talking to two Office cast members in the foreground.
- Standing at a picnic table with other Dunder Mifflinites, talking to David Wallace.
When in doubt, look for a bright orange Buffalo shirt. :)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
- To watch the entire cast of The Office frolic in a beautiful picnic setting, delivering hilarious lines, ad libbing even more outrageous ones, and playing football even when no one is filming, is almost too much fun to witness.
- The weather has been the worst part of this experience. Extras reported to set this morning at 6am. It was 40 degrees then. Everyone is bundled in long down coats, gloves, hats, blankets, you name it, anything to keep warm. When you are needed for a scene, though, you are required to strip down to your picnic attire, which for some is nothing more than a t-shirt, skirt, and flip flops. That part is not fun. Not fun at all.
- Today I got to meet the winner of this year’s Sierra Mist ‘win a walk-on role on The Office’ contest. He’s going to be in this episode, too!
- During one take of a particular scene, someone says “she touched it!” to which Kate Flannery says under her breath, “that’s what she said.” I ran over to her between takes and told her I heard her TWSS. She said, “good ear!”
- I got to meet Angela’s precious little baby, Isabel. She’s been on set every day and is quite the sensation. Angela even introduced Isabel to some of the extras!
- For the past few days, I’ve watched a LOT of volleyball being played, and cheered on the Buffalo team. GO BUFFALO!
- Right before lunch, the cast was allowed to let loose, and proceeded to play another Dunder Mifflin branch completely off script. It was the greatest 20 minutes of “volleyball improv” I’ve ever witnessed. Rainn Wilson was especially on fire with the smack talk. B.J. Novak had a great performance as well. It was fabulous. I hope the entire sequence makes it to the DVD.
- B.J. Novak asked me “are you sure you’re not bored?” I replied, 1) no, 2) loving every minute, 3) because I’m a total geek for the show.
- I met director Ken Kwapis for the first time yesterday. Ken directed the pilot episode of the show, as well as classics like ‘Diversity Day,’ ‘Booze Cruise,’ and ‘Casino Night.’ He also directed Jenna Fischer in her momentous talking head at the end of ‘The Job.’ He told me he follows OfficeTally’s annual Survivor Poll! At one point after setting up a complicated scene today, with the entire cast and nearly 200 extras, Ken walks up to me, squeezes my arm, and says, “does it look like I know what I’m doing?” I was so delighted that he would even ask my opinion, all I could say was, “Yes! Of course, yes! You’re doing great!”
Creed Bratton and Angela Kinsey
Also check out the photo Rainn took today.