Writers: Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky
Director: Paul Feig
Summary (NBC): A weight loss initiative causes the branch to become obsessed with their weight. Michael pursues a friendship with Holly. Jim misses Pam who attends art school in New York. One-hour long.
The Office Weight Loss extras
- Lyrics to Michael and Holly’s rap.
- The Office lolcat inspired by Weight Loss.
- Writer Gene Stupnitsky answers fan questions in the Weight Loss Q&A.
- Video: Jim and Pam in the rain
- Website: check out Andy and Angela’s wedding website
- Graphic: ASCII Dwight
- An extra’s report.
- Video: ‘Weight Loss’ deleted scenes
- Videos: Promo videos | Preview videos
- Photos: ‘Weight Loss’ photos
- Blog: Angela Kinsey’s MySpace blog
- Interview: my Comic-Con interview with The Office writers
- In a May 2011 interview with Digital Spy: “[Amy Ryan nominated the rapping sequence involving Michael and her character Holly Flax from the show’s fifth season premiere as her favorite moment on The Office. “It’s only like a 30-second clip of us rapping but [there’s] probably 10 minutes of stuff somewhere,” she said. “We were just going for broke, it was such a fun job. We would laugh so hard.”
The Office Weight Loss rating
In a poll conducted Sept. 25-29, Tallyheads rated this episode: 8.92/10
See all The Office Season 5 ratings.
The Office Weight Loss quotes
Andy: I really want to have washboard abs the first time Angela sees me naked.
Dwight: Wait a minute. One more bite of eclair each. Hold it in your mouth if you can’t swallow.
Jim (to Michael): Really? Nothing?
Kevin: Pam, you weigh 226 pounds?
Jim: Friends don’t talk about other friends’ butts.
Michael: Her butt refuses to quit!
Holly: I’m not a lesbian. I don’t know why I said that. Stupid joke.
Oscar: What’s the joke?
Pam: I will be a little fish in the Big Apple. What up, 2-1-2?
Andy: Ang … ela. Ela, ela, ela, under my Angerella. Ela, ela, ay, ay, ay.
Andy: Every little boy fantasizes about his fairy tale wedding.
Andy: This is where my parents decided not to get divorced.
Angela: I have a fiance I very much like!
Michael: The last word is “seagulls.”
Jim: I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Michael is actually killing it with Holly. And I think I know why. It’s because Holly is kind of a major dork.
Jim: I don’t really know Ronnie. But I have a feeling I will get to know her very well over the next few years. And eventually declare my love for her.
Teacher: I accidentally switched my alarm clock’s setting to Zapf Chancery.
Kelly: Gonna look amazing!
Jan: Oh, they found her?
Holly: Who’s that woman in Michael’s office with the feet?
Angela: A G.D. monkey could do it.
Kevin: Wait, back up. Do you think that I’m retarded?
Angela: Dangerous, tacky, sharks, haunted.
Angela: I have a nice comforter and several cozy pillows. I usually read a chapter of a book, and it’s lights out by 8:30. That’s how I sleep at night.
Dwight: Okay, can you turn the girl off, please? I’m trying to get some work done.
Michael: We call her Rice-a-Ronnie.
Pam: The nerve.
Pam: Can you give me back to Jim now, please?
Michael: I once went 28 years without having sex. And then again for seven years.
Dwight: Shotgun weddings.
Jim: That’s not what that is.
Jim: Cryogenics. Beer me five.
Ronnie: Does anyone want to dance?
Kelly: I swallowed a tapeworm last night.
Creed: That wasn’t a tapeworm.
Kevin: Fire-ed Guy.
Jim: You’re talking about your court-ordered community service?
Michael: Ah, the dreadmill.
Pam’s friend: I just didn’t like eating dinner that early.
Phyllis: Phyllis Vance for David Wallace.
Dwight: I say I say I say, I sit on you.
Ryan: She’s perfect.
Phyllis: I wonder what people like about me. Probably my jugs.
Kelly: I hate this worm inside of me!
Jim: How’s your summer?
Michael: We are the Goatee-less Brothers.
Dwight: Neither of us will write the other up for not working.
Michael: I always call everybody back right away.
Andy: They’re collectively my best man.
Andy: Boner Champ. That’s me.
Jim: I just … I can’t wait.
Andy: Wet Tuna!
Icon courtesy of pessimistreader at LiveJournal.