We had so much fun with this contest in 2007, I thought we could repeat it to start off 2009.
Presenting the OfficeTally Lolcat Contest, 2009: match an Office quote to a silly cat picture, and you could win a package of Office goodies!
NOTE: if the Lolcat Builder and/or ICHC site is unavailable, please be patient and try again later. Thanks!
What’s a lolcat?
For the purposes of this contest, a lolcat is a photo of a cat matched to a Season 5 quote from The Office. The quote is “lollified,” meaning it’s converted to bad spelling and grammar — on purpose.
For inspiration, here are the winners from the last contest.
How to submit an entry
- Pick a quote from any Season 5 episode of The Office. Check out OfficeQuotes.net for the entire collection. Remember you can only use Season 5 quotes for this contest!
- “Lollify” the quote — here’s a glossary and LOLspeak as a Second Language in Five Easy Steps to help you.
- Create your lolcat with the Lolcat Builder. If you create an account, you can save your lolcat at Lolcat Builder.
- Add a comment to this post with a link to your lolcat.
- Include a valid email address.
How to win
- I’ll select my favorite 20 entries as finalists.
- The finalists will then be entered in a fan poll.
- The top three vote-getters will each receive an Office goodie package, possibly including calendars, Target goodies, and apparel!
Rules and disclaimers
- One entry per person.
- U.S. only, please.
- The rules, the prizes, and the schedule are all subject to change without notice. (Although I will do my best to not let that happen.)
- All decisions are final.
- Thu Jan 8: Contest announced.
- Sat Jan 17, 11pm PT: Deadline to submit entries.
- Mon Jan 19: 20 finalists selected, poll posted here at OfficeTally.
- Sat Jan 24, 11pm PT: Poll closes.
- Mon Jan 26: Prize winners announced!