Hi! I’m Jennie Tan (aka tanster). Welcome to OfficeTally, my blog about NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy, “The Office.”
OfficeTally is your one-stop news source for all things Office. That’s what she said.
OfficeTally stats (as of May 31, 2013, end of series)
- Start date: February 4, 2006
- Number of posts: over 3,300
- Number of comments: over 141,000
- Total page views: over 77 million
- How often updated: nearly every day during the active TV season
- Number of Twitter followers: over 28,000
My visits to The Office set
I have visited The Office set six times (full reports).
My appearances on The Office
I have appeared on the show twice, first as an extra in Company Picnic, and then with a speaking role on the series finale!
OfficeTally in the news
- March 4, 2006: an interview with TechNow! TV
- April 5, 2007: an interview with Remote Access
- May 2, 2007: I’m quoted in The Onion
- Sept. 27, 2007: Palo Alto woman’s site pivotal in success of ‘The Office’, San Jose Mercury News
- Oct. 2, 2007: Writer’s reply turns into ‘Office’ obsession, Contra Costa Times
- Apr. 3, 2008: behind the scenes of the April Fool’s joke, Remote Access
- Apr. 8, 2008: That’s What She Said! An Interview With Jennie From OfficeTally, Hey! Nielsen
- Apr. 10, 2008: “Office” fans: Bow down to your queen, Fresh Cut
- May 20, 2008: OfficeTally appears on bloggers panel at Paley Center, New York.
- Oct. 14, 2008: OfficeTally moderates a Paley Center discussion with The Office writers.
- On March 19, 2013, OfficeTally posted a petition to support The Office Executive Producer Greg Daniel’s desire to supersize the series finale beyond one hour. By May 2, the petition had collected over 20,000 signatures. On May 7, NBC announced that the series finale would be extended an extra 15 minutes. TV Guide | E! Online | Huffington Post | Newsday
- May 2, 2013: Blog What You Know, OfficeTally interview, Scranton Electric City
- May 4, 2013: Michael Scott crashes Office party, Scranton Times-Tribune
- May 8, 2013: That’s a wrap, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre Times Leader
- May 12, 2013: The Office’ ends a triumphant run, New York Newsday
- May 14, 2013: Dunder Mifflin Going Out of Business, Stanford Magazine
- May 14, 2013: That’s What She Said, — er, Wrote!, Intuit
- October 18, 2020: ‘The Office’ fansite that the cast actually obsessed over, Mashable
- January 5, 2022: ‘The Office’ stars discuss a special background actor from their 100th episode, Mashable
Other OfficeTally mentions
- I’m mentioned on The Office Season 2 DVD (disc 4, Casino Night commentary, around 7:30)
- Kate Flannery, Bobby Ray Shafer, and Brian Baumgartner mention OfficeTally
- Brian Baumgartner sweeps me off my feet at The Office Convention
- Jenna Fischer gives a shout-out to OfficeTally live on MSNBC
- OfficeTally’s Office Quiz at Parade Magazine
- I’m mentioned on The Office Season 4 DVD (‘Did I Stutter?’ commentary, around 8:45)
- I’m mentioned on The Office Season 5 DVD (‘Company Picnic’ commentary) and Andy Buckley says my name during a ‘Company Picnic’ deleted scene
- I’m mentioned on The Office Season 6 DVD (‘Happy Hour’ commentary)
- March 5, 2009: Vanity Fair calls OfficeTally indispensable!
- OfficeTally was named one of Entertainment Weekly’s 25 Essential Fansites!