From the official NBC site:
Dunder Mifflin salesman of the year Dwight Schrute must somehow conquer his fear of public speaking for the big convention and turns for help to the worst possible teacher, Michael. As Pam becomes increasingly consumed with her wedding plans, Jim plans his escape from Scranton.
Dwight wins an award for top salesman of the year, but has to conquer his fear of public speaking when he must give a speech at a big Northeast Sales Association convention. And he turns to the worst possible person for help — Michael. Meanwhile, Pam makes plans for her wedding at the office, prompting a downcast Jim to plan a vacation; and the staffers battle over the thermostat for control of the office temperature.
Normally just the NBC synopsis would suffice, but given the ambiguity of “Jim plans his escape …”, I had to look for a different perspective.
Are you as excited about watching this episode as I am?! Three weeks of pent-up Office adoration is ready to explode. And judging by the promo I just watched, where Dwight whips the convention participants into a frenzy, it’s gonna be good.
Voting on “Dwight’s Speech” starts at 7pm PT tonight — just come right back here!
Now that supersizedoffice.com
is fast approaching has surpassed 1,000 signatures, I thought it would be fun to list some of my favorite comments.
Yes, I’ve read every single comment, so you don’t have to. You’re welcome. Continue reading “My favorite supersizedoffice.com comments: 1-1000”
- Jenna Fischer mentioned the petition on her MySpace blog, and the signatures are now flooding in.
- Maureen Ryan of the Chicago Tribune, the woman who started it all, has posted a new blog entry about the petition.
Thanks to both these ladies, and of course, the almighty Office fan base, we just might get the powers-that-be to give us what we want!
I don’t know about you, but I’m going through some serious Office withdrawal.
A few other thoughts:
- OfficeTally has racked up nearly 5,000 votes since its debut three weeks ago. Considering that only one new episode of The Office aired during this time, I’d say that the response has been … incalcucable. ;) Thanks to all of you for coming over and casting your vote!
- Quite a few Office fansites have been talking about an old cast interview (pre-Season 1 release) — check it out here. It is quite hysterical.
- One site I’ve been perusing quite a bit lately is the LiveJournal Office Icons community. Quite a few talented people out there, creating some terrific icons.
Anyway, hope you have been dealing well with your withdrawal. Only eight more days …
I’ve made some changes to OfficeTally to make your visit here more enjoyable. Or, at least, more interesting.
- Add a comment to the Highest Rated Episodes page. You can now add a comment directly on the Highest Rated Episodes page. For instance, did you think a particular episode was rated too low or too high? — post your thoughts there!
- Subscribe to comments. While the main activity here at OfficeTally is rating your favorite episodes, the other activity is commenting on them. You can now choose to be notified by email whenever anyone adds a comment to a post that you’ve commented on. Just click the “Notify me of followup comments by email” checkbox right below the comment form.
Add a gravatar to your comments. A gravatar is a little image that appears next to your comment, giving it a personal touch. Here is an example. Click here for more information on setting up a gravatar. No longer available …