Just a few more Office photos, taken at Kate Flannery’s Lampshades show Saturday night:
I highly recommend taking pleasure in loving The Lampshades — Kate is a wonderful singer! And that Cassie Chew really knows how to shake her groove thing.
The Lampshades perform the first weekend of every month in LA. For more information, click here.
Continue reading “Capping off a surreal week”
New blogs this week
Other notable items
This week’s notable items have very little to do with The Office. Hope they’re interesting anyway!
- Reuters reports that Rainn Wilson’s next project is “Bonzai Shadowlands,” “in which he will star as a once-great ninja who is now living a life of mediocrity.” Read “Office” fascist Dwight dons ninja suit for film.
- Business 2.0 magazine features Michael Scott and his thoughts on employee motivation. An excerpt: “The three keys to motivating your staff are love (positive reinforcement), fear (negative reinforcement), and chocolate (chocolate reinforcement).” See full scans of the magazine article and cover here.
- Here’s Rashida Jones (“Karen”) in an impossibly cute music video for “Be Gentle With Me” by The Boy Least Likely To. Thanks Sydney!
- For you Ricky Gervais fans, he’s released the second of three free “Podfather” podcasts, courtesy of Guardian Unlimited. The podcasts star Ricky, Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington.
- What has Karly Rothenberg (“Madge” from the warehouse) been up to? How about voice work in the latest California Cows commercial? Karly writes, “I am the cow that comments on how it was fun while it lasted, and then I suggest a rousing game of dodge ball! How cool to be a California Cow!” Watch the commercial here.
- Okay, one 100% directly-related Office item — check out proudgirl’s latest fanvid creation, “Dance Inside,” in the Office Fan Video Playlist. Sniff, sniff …
I got a very nice email last week from Karly Rothenberg, the actress who plays “Madge” (from the warehouse gang):
My name is Karly Rothenberg, and I do play “Madge,” the East German looking gal. I have my fingers crossed that good ole Madge will return for more episodes in season three and am grateful that folks like you are spreading the word about my being a small but very happy part of the gang.
I was cast in the Basketball episode, season one, and even got to pick a fight with “Dwight” on the court. I then returned for Sexual Harassment and Boys and Girls and had an absolute blast driving the forklift around the warehouse! I am hopeful that next season I might even get a Dundie. And just between you and me, I think Madge has a crush on Roy! (oops, did I let that slip, shame on me!)
Thanks again for the mention on your website!
All the best,
Karly aka Madge”
Please visit Madge’s MySpace page and say hello!
For a complete list of Office cast member MySpace pages, go to the Links page.
Neil over at the LiveJournal Office community is reporting that Creed and Madge (from the warehouse) now have MySpace pages!
Hopefully we will receive official confirmation from Jenna or Angela that these are the real deals …