Aug 2: the contest is now closed to new entries. It may take me a week to finish reading all the entries and picking my top 20. Thanks for your patience!
Your task is to write a summary of The Office Season 6 premiere, entitled ‘Gossip.’
You must write it in the style of an official NBC summary, which means it must include a lead-in phrase in ALL CAPS, followed by a small paragraph. It must also be intriguing while also being maddeningly vague.
The entry that achieves the best balance of credibility, intrigue, and vagueness wins an exclusive Schrute Farms Beets Watch, courtesy of the NBC Store!
Here are some examples of actual NBC summaries to help get you in the mood:
WHO WILL BE THE BIGGEST LOSER — OSCAR NOMINEE AMY RYAN (“Gone Baby Gone”) GUEST STARS — For the first time, we see what happens over eight weeks of the summer, as a Dunder Mifflin weight loss initiative causes the branch to diet and become obsessed with their weight. Michael (Steve Carell) pursues a friendship with his new HR rep, Holly (Oscar nominee, Amy Ryan). Jim (John Krasinski) misses Pam (Jenna Fischer) who attends art school in New York.
THE RUN FOR THE CURE — SPECIAL ONE-HOUR PREMIERE — A freak accident causes Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) to feel the office is cursed. He explores the religious beliefs of his employees before deciding to hold a charity 5K fun run. Meanwhile, further developments in the romances of Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski), and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Angela (Angela Kinsey) are explored.
- Submit your entry by adding a comment to this post.
- One entry per person. If you post multiple entries, you will be disqualified.
- 100 word maximum.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Provide a valid email address.
- U.S. entries only, please.
- Rules and deadlines subject to change without notice.
- I’ll choose my favorite 20 entries.
- You’ll select your favorite out of the 20 entries in an OfficeTally poll.
- The top vote-getter will receive an exclusive Schrute Farms Beets Watch!
Deadline to submit your entry
Submit your entry by Sunday, August 2nd, 11pm PT. Please allow up to 48 hours for your entry to be received.
Be creative. Be vague. Be credible. Embrace your inner ‘Gossip’ Girl. (Or Guy.) Good luck!