Banner: Matt Collins
It’s about time we had another cool, creative contest, right?
First off, I must say, this idea is totally swiped from The Washington Post’s magnificent Peeps Diorama Contest (check out last year’s entries). When I saw those amazing creations, I knew I had found our next OfficeTally contest!
Your task: depict a scene from ‘The Office’ using Peeps, for a chance to win a $30 Amazon.com gift certificate and a cast-autographed mug from ‘The Office’!
UPDATE: the 20 finalists have been selected!
How to submit an entry
- Go buy some Peeps.
- Depict a scene from ‘The Office’ using Peeps.
- Take a photo of your scene, and upload it to any photo sharing site.
- Add a comment to this post with:
- The Office episode name and scene depicted
- a link to your Office Peeps photo
- any details you would like to highlight
- Include a valid email address in the Email field of your comment.
You’ll see a [from tanster: received] note in the comment when your entry has been officially received; please allow 48 hours for this to happen. All entries will be hidden until finalists are announced.
- Use scenes from broadcast episodes only (no webisodes, no deleted scenes, etc).
- Characters must be made of actual whole Peeps.
- You may add clothing, backgrounds, and props only if they are part of the original scene.
- Do not add captions, labels, voice bubbles, etc. to the scene or photo.
- Don’t enhance the photo with special effects, etc. As Creed would say, au naturelle, baby!
- Submit only ONE photo. Keep in mind that if your entry is chosen as a finalist, I will resize your photo to 450 pixels wide to post here at OfficeTally.
- One entry per person.
- U.S. entries only, please.
- Violation of the rules will disqualify your entry from winning prizes.
- Check out comments 6, 8, 10, 11, and 13 below for some additional clarification.
- Grand prize:
- $30 Amazon.com gift certificate
- A cast-autographed mug, courtesy of The Office staff!
- 2nd place prize:
- $15 Amazon.com gift certificate
- 3rd place prize:
- $10 Amazon.com gift certificate
- I will pick 20 finalists.
- The finalists will then be entered in a fan poll.
- Tallyheads will vote for their favorite entry.
- The top three vote-getters will receive prizes as listed above!
- Sun March 15: Contest announced.
- Sat March 28, 11pm PT: Deadline to submit entries.
- Wed April 1: 20 finalists selected, poll posted here at OfficeTally.
- Fri April 3
Sun April 5: Poll closes.
- Mon, April 6: Prize winners announced!
- The rules, the prizes, and the schedule are all subject to change without notice. (Although I will do my best to not let that happen.)
- All decisions are final.
So what are you waiting for? Go get your peep on!