SPOILER WARNING! This post and subsequent comments will contain spoilers.
The Office cast and staff appeared at Paley Fest 2007 last night in Los Angeles, and it was an exciting opportunity to get up close and personal with the stars, as well as take a first look at an upcoming episode!
Video: Clip from MTR
More details and photos after the jump.
Tipsters: Christopher, hug it out
The Office at Paley Fest included the following members of the Office cast and staff: Ben Silverman, Randall Einhorn, Melora Hardin, Paul LIeberstein, Creed Bratton, Kate Flannery, Michael Schur, Jennifer Celotta, Greg Daniels, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Brian Baumgartner, Craig Robinson, David Denman, Mindy Kaling, B.J. Novak, Rainn Wilson, Steve Carell, Jenna Fischer, Angela Kinsey, Ed Helms, and Rashida Jones.
The evening’s agenda included:
- A screening of ‘Cocktails’. What made this special was that the cast was present to hear the audience reaction to each scene, from awwws to guffaws. I looked over to where Paul Lieberstein was sitting, and he seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the audience reaction to poor Toby’s attempt at winning Pam’s affection during this episode.
- A short blooper reel, which of course, was hilarious! Highlights included Pam professing her love for Jim, after which Jim faints to the floor. If only …
- A sneak peek at the next new episode, The Negotiation. And we’re talking a nice big 10 to 15-minute preview! We saw what looked like one full story line, from setup to resolution. Daryl asks Michael for a raise, which in turn leads to Michael, Toby, and Darryl traveling to New York so that Michael can ask for a raise for himself from Jan. Given what I’ve seen of ‘The Negotiation’ and the episode being shot during our set visit, the final bunch of episodes for the season are shaping up to be the best I’ve ever seen.
- A trivia contest with prizes. A few lucky Office fans got to show off their extensive knowledge of the show and win some goodies, including a beautifully framed signed cast photo.
- Steve and Oscar’s reenactment of the kiss from ‘Gay Witch Hunt.’ Easily one of the funniest moments of the evening!
A shout-out to all the OfficeTally readers who came up to me to say hello! I felt a little like a celebrity myself. ;) Special hellos to Dolly and Sarah from MySpace! What an amazing fan world we live in.
And if YOU were there, please post a comment with your impressions of the evening! And for a detailed report on the evening, go check out Kath’s report at GMMR.
Contributors to this story: OfficeTally Mod Squaders Tori and Sean.