This is about the silliest thing we could turn our attention to right now. And it’s purr-fect.
Presenting the OfficeTally Lolcat Contest: match an Office quote to a silly cat picture, and you could win an Office treat!
What’s a lolcat?
For the purposes of this contest, a lolcat is a photo of a cat matched to a quote from The Office. The quote is “lollified,” meaning it’s converted to bad spelling and grammar — on purpose.
Besides Sudoku Kitty above, here are a few other sample lolcats, all courtesy of OTCR moderator Jim Mosby.
How to submit an entry
- Pick a quote from any episode of The Office. Our friends at OfficeQuotes.net have the entire collection.
- “Lollify” the quote — here’s a dictionary and how-to guide to help you.
- Create your lolcat. The easiest way is to use the Lolcat Builder, thanks to the fine folks over at icanhascheezburger.com. Just pick a photo, add your quote, click Preview, and then right-click the image to save it to your computer.
- Upload the photo to a photo hosting service, such as photobucket or flickr.
- Add a comment to this post with a link to your lolcat.
- Include a valid email address.
How to win
- A panel of lolcat judges (Jim Mosby, Matt, Tori) will pick 20 finalists.
- The finalists will then be entered in a fan poll.
- The top five vote-getters will each receive a Target Office goodie from OT’s available stash!
Rules and disclaimers
- Multiple entries are allowed, but only one prize per person.
- U.S. and Canada only, please.
- Lolcat judges are welcome to post entries, but can’t enter the contest.
- The rules, the prizes, and the schedule are all subject to change without notice. (Although I will do my best to not let that happen.)
- All decisions are final.
- Fri Nov 16: Contest announced.
- Sat Dec 1, 11pm PT: Deadline to submit entries.
- Sat Dec 8: 20 finalists selected, poll posted here at OfficeTally.
- Sat Dec 15, 11pm PT: Poll closes.
- Mon Dec 17: Prize winners announced!