The Boston Globe’s Meredith Goldstein tagged along during Mindy Kaling’s tour of Scranton at The Office Convention last month. Mindy provides some funny commentary during the slideshow.
John Krasinski and Amy Adams (Katie the purse girl) are both featured in the “Gap Holiday 2007: Holiday Classics Redefined” photo campaign.
These photos are featured in store displays, ads around town, and in a Gap mailer.
Photos on the following pages.
Tipsters: Amanda, Cher
A family that loves The Office is something to be thankful for.
Craig Robinson appears at the Miami Improv this weekend, November 23-25.
Go see Craig and tell him OfficeTally sent ya!
Congratulations to Angela Kinsey and her husband, Warren, who are expecting their first child in May!
Tallyhead Caitie files this report from Rainn Wilson’s fundraiser show at the Kelso Theatre Pub in Longview, Washington.
Saturday, November 17: It’s a typical rainy Washington evening and I’m huddled inside a tiny cafe attached to the local theatre pub, anxiously awaiting the night’s guest of honor. Surrounded by about fifty fellow Office fanatics, I can feel my pulse begin to race when the moment we’ve all been waiting for arrives: Dwight Schrute himself pulls up in a silver Volvo, flanked by theatre staff and security.
That’s right, I’m proud to announce that I was one of the lucky few to attend Rainn Wilson’s fundraiser event, “An Evening with Rainn Wilson,” in Kelso, WA, benefiting local theatre company, Longview Stageworks. Rainn, a Washington native, has ties to this southern Washington area through his wife, whose parents still reside in the area.
- Blogs: Angela | Mindy: Why I Strike NEW
- Article: Sioux Falls fan of ‘The Office’ wins races at convention.
- Article: HoboTrashcan.com interviews Melora Hardin.
- Announcement: Creed Bratton will be a guest host at the Musicians Hall of Fame Awards Show on November 26th.
- Article: what Rashida Jones watches on YouTube.
- Article: Brian Baumgartner attends a Bolts game.
- Movie site: the official website for Get Smart, starring Steve Carell.
- Video: outtakes from Ed Helms’ movie, “I’ll Believe You.”
- Video: a clip from the movie “Common Law,” starring Angela Kinsey.
- Video: Rashida Jones appears on the Jeannie Tate Show.
- Awards: OfficeTally has won Best Entertainment Blog at the Blogger’s Choice Awards! Thanks to all of you for voting for OT!
- Merchandise: The Office Season 1 and Season 2 DVDs will be on sale on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving). $8.99/$12.99 at Circuit City, or $9.98/$14.98 at Target. More info at Black Friday Ads.
- Auction: NBC.com is auctioning off Michael Scott’s Timex watch and Hawaiian “Convention” shirt.
Tipsters: Abby, Jack, Rachael, Kelly, sorano916
To all fans of “The Office,”
Tonight is our last new episode for a while, so we wanted to write a quick note (with tanster’s help) to thank you for the overwhelming support you have shown us, and other writers, in this weird and difficult time.
Every day we wake up and put on red shirts and drive to a hot, unpleasant location in Los Angeles and walk in circles for four hours. It pretty much stinks, and we would all rather be at work (by a factor of like 10,000), but we continue to do it because the things we are fighting for are fair, reasonable, and incredibly important to the future of our industry. They matter to us, to actors, to directors, and to everyone who works on a TV or movie set.
We certainly hope that this will all be over soon. In the meantime, the best way to help (if you are looking for something to pass the time that does not include watching boring non-union reality shows for three hours a night) is to write letters to the CEOs of these companies, and to tell them that you support the WGA and our attempt to secure a fair deal for our work. There is more information here.
The other thing you can do is to stay informed. The blog www.unitedhollywood.com is the best source for non-Mega-Corp-spun information. WGA.org and WGAeast.org also have updates and information, including breakdowns of exactly what we are asking for, as well as what the companies are offering (which is a fun read, if you like intimidating legalese). Nikki Finke’s site (www.deadlinehollywood.com) has become indispensable as well.
Again, we cannot thank you all enough for your support and interest. Stay tuned to OfficeTally for more updates.
The Writing Staff of The Office