Writer: Aaron Shure, Director: Randall Einhorn
Summary (NBC): A request by Jim leaves Michael feeling insecure and defensive. Meanwhile, Pam deals with the guest list for the wedding, and Dwight convinces Toby to investigate Darryl’s worker’s comp claim.
The Office’s Brian Baumgartner will play in the Kids Rock Celebrity Invitational golf tournament to support non-profit children’s organizations.
“Kim Kardashian, Donald Trump, Tom Arnold, Nick Lachey, Alan and Robin Thicke, Brian Baumgartner, and Charles Barkley are a few of the celebrities confirmed to play at the Reunion Resort in Orlando, Florida on November 11th through the 15th.
Celebrities will join registered players for five days of golf and entertainment to raise money for The Ronald McDonald House, Wounded Warrior Project, Autism Speaks, Harbor House of Central Florida and the Arnold Palmer Hospital.”
All this time, I thought The Scrantones, who perform The Office theme song, were a real band from Scranton.
I mean, they played at The Office Convention in Scranton.
They even have a MySpace band page at myspace.com/thescrantones! (no longer available)
So you can imagine my surprise when I got to chat with Bob Thiele (“Joey Scrantone”), who provided this never before heard story about how The Scrantones were born.
They even recorded an awesome long version of the theme song. Crank up the volume and rock out!
Bob Thiele composes, supervises, and produces the music for FX’s Sons of Anarchy. He was nominated this year for an Emmy in the “Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music” category for SOA. From The Office to Sons of Anarchy — pretty cool, right?
A little postscript — besides The Office theme song, The Scrantones also recorded:
- “I’m In You” with Craig Robinson
- Pussycat Dolls’ “Buttons” with Melora Hardin (Melora performed the heck out of this song at The Office Convention)
- White Stripes’ “I Smell A Rat” with Rainn Wilson
- “Werewolves of Scranton” with Ed Helms, including special lyrics, of course
- Five other songs featuring Kate Flannery, Creed Bratton, and even Scrantonicity!
I’ve listened to some of the recordings, and they are precious. They aren’t available to the public, but if you guys request it loud enough, perhaps something can be worked out …
When Kristin Chenoweth won the Emmy last night for best supporting actress in a comedy, from the now-canceled ‘Pushing Daisies,’ she mentioned in her must-watch acceptance speech that “I’m now unemployed … so I’d like to be on ‘Mad Men.’ I also like ‘The Office’ and ’24.'”
Then Tallyhead “Casual Monday” suggested the idea of Kristin playing Angela Martin’s estranged sister.
(In Season 3’s ‘A Benihana Christmas,’ Angela says: “I don’t back down. My sister and I used to be best friends, and we haven’t talked in 16 years. Over some disagreement I don’t even remember.”)
So there you go, Office producers. Both feisty, blonde, and tiny. Sparks would fly!
Credit: another fantastic graphic by Matt Collins
Congratulations to Jeff Blitz winner of the Best Comedy Series Directing Emmy for his work on The Office post-Super Bowl episode, ‘Stress Relief’!
(And how cool was it that he thanked Bandit the cat in his acceptance speech?)
While the other nominations did not go our way, I’ve never been prouder to be a fan of The Office, and of all the wonderful people who are involved in its production. You guys rock, win or lose.
PLEA TO FANS: The one video I’m still looking for is Jeff Blitz’s acceptance speech. If you see it, please post a link. Thanks!
- 9/22: Jenna’s Emmys blog
- 9/22: Access Hollywood video — John Krasinski
- 9/22: video of Steve laughing his head off at Jimmy Fallon
- 9/21 7:47pm: Ellie Kemper (3 photos)
- 9/21: 7:43am: Jenna Fischer (9 photos)
- 9/20: Emmy award results
- 9/20 10:45pm: Kate Flannery (4 photos)
- 9/20 10:28pm: Ed Helms (3 photos)
- 9/20 10:05pm: Brian Baumgartner (3 photos)
- 9/20 10:00pm: Jeff Blitz (3 photos)
- 9/20 9:46pm: After-show photos (2 photos)
- 9/20 9:43pm: B.J. Novak (3 photos)
- 9/20 7:09pm: John Krasinski (3 photos)
- 9/20 7:00pm: Angela Kinsey (6 photos)
- 9/20 6:54pm: Steve Carell (3 photos)
- 9/20 5:06pm: Rainn Wilson (2 photos)
- 9/20 4:32pm: Melora Hardin (3 photos)
- 9/20 4:16pm: Creed Bratton (3 photos)
- 9/20 4:05pm: Ricky Gervais (1 photo)
- 9/20 3:49pm: Phyllis Smith (3 photos)
- 9/20 3:38pm: Mindy Kaling (3 photos)
- 9/20 2:45pm: EW’s Michael Ausiello with Leslie David Baker and Phyllis Smith
Previously posted news on the next page.
Here’s the third deleted scene from ‘Gossip’:
Previously posted clips on the next page.