Nate, Dwight’s handyman
Mark Proksch (aka Kenny Strasser, the yo-yo man)
In Nate’s first appearance on the show, he is hired by Dwight Schrute as a “maintenance worker” from a day laborer stop. His first task is to dispose of a hornet’s nest in the Dunder Mifflin parking lot. The employees watch from a second floor window as Nate first decides to use a blowtorch and then a baseball bat on the nest, with painful results. In the episode WUPHF.COM, Nate assisted Dwight in running Hay Place. In the episode China, Nate splits the Scranton Office Park’s toilet paper into half-ply.
- 7.04 Sex Ed
- 7.09 WUPHF.COM
- 7.10 China
- 7.11-7.12 Classy Christmas: Nate takes the group photo in the cold open.
- 8.03 Lotto: Andy hires Nate to work in the warehouse.
- 8.13 Jury Duty: Nate introduces Ernesto (the empanada man) to the Dunder Mifflin office.
- 8.14 Special Project: Darryl gives cashmere gloves to Nate for Valentine’s Day.
- 8.24 Free Family Portrait Studio: When David Wallace buys back Dunder Mifflin from Sabre, Nate takes down the Sabre sign from Dunder Mifflin Scranton’s front entrance.
- In October 2010, The Office’s Rainn Wilson posted a welcome tweet and photo.
- The Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel states (and OfficeTally confirms with NBC) that “Proksch would be in an undetermined number of upcoming episodes.”