No new Office this month. We need a fun distraction. Wanna play?
Then enter our Bobblehead Baton Contest!
Send us a video of your Dwight Bobblehead moving across the screen.
(And you do NOT need to own a bobblehead to participate!)
seat18b (of It’s Getting Hot in Here and Fandomicity fame) has graciously agreed to produce the final video, which pretty much guarantees that it will be cool and entertaining. She’ll select the best clips and merge them into a single video.
A single video of Bobblehead Dwight being passed like a baton across the Office fandom. And that’s a beautiful thing.
The BBP is inspired by and completely stolen from GMail’s “Red M” collaborative video project.
UPDATE: I’ve changed my mind about the whole “no prizes” thing. See the “How to win” section for details.
Details after the jump.
- The bobblehead must enter from the left side of the screen, and exit on the right side of the screen. ENTER LEFT, EXIT RIGHT. Check out seat18b’s example.
- Videos must be no more than 20 seconds in length.
- Videos must not contain any sound. seat18b will add a soundtrack to the final video.
- seat18b can work with almost all video formats, although she likes .avi and .mov the best. Whatever format it comes off your video camera is probably best though, because without compression, it’s probably the best quality.
- How you get Dwight to move across the screen is up to you! It doesn’t just have to be by one person, or a person at all; it can be by animation, animals, robots, whatever, as long as that bobblehead gets across the screen. Bring the creativity!
- You may submit up to three entries, as long as each one has a different theme and/or different people in it.
Don’t own a bobblehead? No problem.
Download this photo, print it, stick it on cardboard or whatever, and use that instead!
How to submit an entry
- Email your entry to [email protected]
- If the file is too big to send via email, upload the file to an online file server (like www.sendspace.com or www.megaupload.com), and then send the appropriate link to seat18b’s email address.
- You may upload your video to YouTube and share the link in a comment below if you would like Tallyheads to take a look; however, you must email the video to seat18b to be considered for inclusion in the final video.
- Not every submitted clip will be included in the final video. seat18b says, “Clips will be chosen based on creativity, originality, and how well the clip fits together with other clips.”
How to win
I’ll randomly give away Target goodies to five of the clips that make it into the final video. Just upload it to YouTube and then post a comment here with a link to it. (Prize winners limited to the U.S. and Canada only.)
- To be considered for the final video, email your clip to [email protected]
- To also be considered for a prize, upload your clip to YouTube and then post a comment here with a link to it
- Wed Dec 5: Contest announced.
- Sun Dec 16: Deadline to submit entries. Remember, email entries to [email protected]com.
- Sometime before the end of December: Final video released!