New blogs this week
Other notable items
This week’s notable items have very little to do with The Office. Hope they’re interesting anyway!
- Reuters reports that Rainn Wilson’s next project is “Bonzai Shadowlands,” “in which he will star as a once-great ninja who is now living a life of mediocrity.” Read “Office” fascist Dwight dons ninja suit for film.
- Business 2.0 magazine features Michael Scott and his thoughts on employee motivation. An excerpt: “The three keys to motivating your staff are love (positive reinforcement), fear (negative reinforcement), and chocolate (chocolate reinforcement).” See full scans of the magazine article and cover here.
- Here’s Rashida Jones (“Karen”) in an impossibly cute music video for “Be Gentle With Me” by The Boy Least Likely To. Thanks Sydney!
- For you Ricky Gervais fans, he’s released the second of three free “Podfather” podcasts, courtesy of Guardian Unlimited. The podcasts star Ricky, Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington.
- What has Karly Rothenberg (“Madge” from the warehouse) been up to? How about voice work in the latest California Cows commercial? Karly writes, “I am the cow that comments on how it was fun while it lasted, and then I suggest a rousing game of dodge ball! How cool to be a California Cow!” Watch the commercial here.
- Okay, one 100% directly-related Office item — check out proudgirl’s latest fanvid creation, “Dance Inside,” in the Office Fan Video Playlist. Sniff, sniff …
The Dunder Mifflin snowglobe, as shown during the summer webisodes, is now available at the NBC Office store!
Unfortunately, the note posted with this item says “This item is imported and cannot be guaranteed for holiday delivery.” So it’s probably not the best thing to buy as a holiday gift. But you can still order one for yourself, right? ;)
Order your snowglobe here.
P.S. Don’t forget the ornament or shirts, too!
Here’s a list of previously aired shows Office cast members will be appearing in:
- Fri Nov. 24: John Krasinski on ‘Without a Trace’.
Episode: Bogie Man. Station: TNT.
- Tue Nov. 28: David Koechner (“Todd Packer”) on ‘Still Standing’.
Episode: Still Hairdressing. Station: KICU.
- Wed Nov. 29: Craig Robinson (“Darryl”) on ‘The Bernie Mac Show’.
Episode: Hair Jordan. Station: Fox.
Setting up your own MeeVee watchlist
Chicago magazine talks to Leslie David Baker (“Stanley”) in its December issue.
Q: How did you get cast as Stanley?
A: I got a call to audition for something called The Office. It was very crowded for the callback, and I had another audition scheduled, so I went to the other audition. [On the way] back, I ran into a whole bunch of traffic … And by then I was kind of sweaty, my clothes were rumpled, and I was cranky. And the character was written the way I was feeling that day, and I just let ’er rip. Two weeks later I got a call: “You got the pilot.” And, voilà, here I am.
Read Office Face.
Thanks to Megzy for the tip!
The official NBC synopsis for the Christmas episode airing on December 14 is now available in the spoilers post.
SPOILER WARNING! Comments to this post may contain spoilers.
[NBC.com videos no longer available]
The latest print issue of TV Guide (Nov. 27-Dec. 3) has a great article about Dwight and Angela’s secret romance.
How do you picture them spending a romantic night out in Scranton?
Kinsey: I have a feeling they’d go to Dwight’s place, since Angela’s apartment is probably full of cats. Then Dwight would get her hot by making her watch Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica.
Wilson: I imagine Angela watching Dwight from the shadows as he plays paintball.
Read the rest of the article here and here. (Click each photo to zoom in.)
Thanks to Sarah for the tip and to JustJared.com for letting me post the pic!
Update: Here’s the article at TVGuide.com.
Congratulations to Shake, Meredith, and Angie for winning the November 16th OfficeTally iTunes Giveaway.
You will each receive your choice of Office video from the iTunes Store … watch for an email in your inbox!